NWWA, STATION LONAVLA
Mrs Poornima Srinivas
President NWWA, Station LonavlaStation Lonavla has a flourishing Naval Wives Welfare Association helmed by Mrs Poornima Srinivas as the President. NWWA, Station Lonavla conducts several welfare activities, sporting initiatives, orientation programs and skill development courses conducted towards community welfare & women empowerment. NWWA aims to empower all its members not only with professional prowess but also with financial independence and entrepreneurial skills. Station Lonavla, has been abuzz with several activities undertaken under the aegis of NWWA such as health talks, treks and orientation programmes, focussing on bonding with the ladies and the community. Initiatives that have been put in place by Mrs Poornima Srinivas, President, NWWA, Station Lonavla, are taking shape. Team NWWA, with a strength of 22 Committee members and eight Welfare members is vibrant, inspired and poised to usher in the Platinum Jubilee countdown.
BRIEF LOOK INTO ACTIVITIES OF NWWA, STATION LONAVLA
- Consistent interactions with the ladies of NSB and SMQ and hosting two Milans, one special AGM Milan and one Special Milan to Welcome Mrs Sapana Chawla, President, NWWA (SR).
- Donating Rs 25,000 towards the Kerela Relief Fund.
- Conducting two successful ‘Orientation’ Program workshops for the ladies at the Station.
- Conducting a Grihalakshmi Medical camp, which included a lecture and demonstration delivered by by Surg Capt Wahida Prizm, Commanding Officer, INHS Kasturi (on CPR and basic life support), health checkups, bone density tests, ECG and Gynaecology checks in Feb 19, which has been received positively by the ladies.
- Conducting the Swayam Sidha/Smart Mom Contest lecture series over three months, starting April 2018.
- Lending support and constructive assistance to Balwadi, wherein the rooms and classes (especially the Activity Room) have been beautifully renovated.
Annual Sports Day – Balwadi
- Continuing to lend support to Little Angels pre-school.
- Conducting regular classes in Music and Dance as well as tuitions for children at Kala Kendra. Also conducting an innovative class in baking for the ladies and introducing Yoga and Zumba, in line with the ‘Health is Wealth’ theme of NWWA.
- Reviving the tailoring classes at Udyogika in a structured manner and encouraging ladies to design and create products for sale at the NWWA Samudri shop, thereby emphasising on empowerment.
Tailoring Products of Udyogika
- The installation of a Donation Box to encourage the community to donate essentials that are being handed over to the NAB Lions Home for the Aging Blind.
- Publishing the Varuni newsletter themed ‘Imprints’ in October 2018 by Sanchar.
- Efforts being made to beautify and landscape the ‘butterfly’ garden by Prakriti, using waste and recyclable materials.
- Aesthetic overhaul and renovation of the NWWA shop Samudri. Designed and conceptualized by Mrs Poornima Srinivas, President, NWWA, Station Lonavla, the shop was inaugurated by the 36th Commission of Team NWWA, Station Lonavla, on NWWA Diwas, 14th February 2019.
- NWWA Diwas celebrated on 21st February 2019, focusing on the theme ‘Health is Wealth’, with yoga and an informative quiz conducted for the ladies.
Yoga on NWWA Diwas
- Mrs Pallavi Singh, Welfare member of NWWA, Station Lonavla was chosen as the NWWA Star by Mrs Reena Lanba, President NWWA, for her exceptional service to the naval community.