The following agencies are involved in indigenisation of equipment, systems and their spares for the IN:-
- (a) Within IN. Indigenisation within Navy is undertaken through Indian industry by the following agencies / organisations:-
- DOI. Complete Equipment and Systems
- IUs. Components and Spares
- Repair Yard. Components and Sub-assemblies
- DGNAI & DONA. For armament and their handling equipment
- NASDO & NAY(Kochi/ Goa). For aviation spares
- Professional Directorates. Vendor-base Development
- (b) DRDO. DRDO undertakes development of Weapons and sensors, which are complex and in the hard-to-get technology domains.
- (c) PSUs. PSUs are the production-partners for the DRDO. They also undertake indigenisation of some equipment independently and receive ToT from the foreign OEMs.
- (d) OFBs. Indigenisation of ordnance delivery systems (guns, fuzes, rocket launchers, etc) are undertaken by OFBs. They also become the ToT partner for the imported systems.
Involvement of IHQ MoD/ Professional Directorates, QA and trials agencies are shown in Figures below.
Agencies of MoD
Professional Directorates of IHQ MoD(N)