President’s Secretariat Notifications 15-Pres/67 dated 26 Jan 67 and 38-Pres/67 dated 29 Apr 67.
Conditions of eligibility
Award for recognition of the services of Armed Forces personnel and civilians in the conflict with Pakistan in 1965 other conditions of eligibility are as under
Regular Army personnel, Reserve, Territorial Army and militia forces
- Personnel who rendered at least ten days’ active service between the 5 Aug 65 and the 25 Jan 66 in a unit/formation operating or located in the qualifying areas.
- Personnel who served for a minimum qualifying period of one day in any battle zone during the periods specified for each battle zone.
- Personnel of Air observation Post units who either carried out at least three operational sorties or a total of five operational flying hours, as members of crew, either in enemy territory, or in the qualifying areas between 5 Aug 65 and 25 Jan 66.
- Personnel borne on the effective strength of the Air Transport organization, Rear Airfield Supply Organization, Forward Airfield Supply Organization, Air Despatch Units and personnel flying with inter-communication flights who carried out three flights or a total of ten operational flying hours, as members of crew, in the qualifying areas between 5 Aug 65 and 25 Jan 66; and Army personnel attached to the Navy or the Air Force shall be eligible for the award according to the conditions of eligibility applicable to the service to which they were attached.
- Personnel who were for a minimum period of ten days aboard ships of the Indian Navy in areas, of the Arabian Sea for maritime reconnaissance between 6 Sep and 23 Sep 65;
- Personnel who carried out minimum of three operational sorties of a total of ten operational flying hours, as members of crew, of the Naval Air Squadron in operational sorties of maritime reconnaissance cover the specified areas of the sea, between 6 Sep and 23 Sep 1965, and
- Naval personnel attached to the Army or the Air Force shall be eligible for the award according t the conditions of eligibility applicable to the service to which they were attached.