Roles and Responsibilities
The Naval Pension Office is responsible for the following:-
- Undertaking entire set of activities commencing from publication of Release Serial (RS)/BOD in respect of sailors and retirement letter for officers.
- Implementing pension and other welfare measures.
- Finalisation of other pensionary benefits e.g. leaves encashment, DCRG, etc. including for 'Death / Missing' cases.
- Conducting periodic briefings to pensioners prior release and ensure correct completion of all formalities.
- Assist IHQ MoD (Navy) in policy formulation pertaining to pension issues.
- Retention of pension and other documents in the documents library / electronic format.
- Coordinating Review Medical Board for Sailors.
- Act as First Appellate Authority for pension claims (post receipt of GoI/ MoD approval for the same).
- Approving authority for Disability pension of sailors.
- Address representations, RTI & Court Cases pertaining to pension issues.
- Address issues concerning ECHS.
- Assist in placement of pensioners (sailors).
- Maintain a Pension Help Desk to resolve pension grievances.
- Maintain a centralized database for demobilized naval personnel.