I am DE (DH) sailor; will I get Dependent Cards on release from Service?
Non-pensioners are not entitled for dependent cards for their dependents.
What is the eligibility for Discharge Book and Discharge Certificate?
Sailors who have served less than five years are issued with Discharge Certificate and rest all are issued with Discharge Book.
What all documents are issued at the time of being discharged from service?
- Certificate of Service.
- Indian Navy Service and Release Certificate (Discharge Book).
- Trade-cum-Experience Certificate.
- Civil Trade Equivalence Certificate (National Classification of Occupations Code).
- Graduation / Matric Equivalence Certificate.
- Post Retirement Death Insurance Extension Scheme Certificate.
- Last Pay Certificate
- To whom it may be concern.
- Sea Service Extract
What are the criteria for issue of Graduation/Matric Equivalent Certificate?
The Graduation / Matric Equivalent Certificate is issued to sailors, after their names have been published in the Release Serial, provided they have completed 15 years of service at the time of request. The request for the equivalent certificate is to be forwarded to the Release Centre with the original matriculation/equivalent or ET-1 certificate for issue of Graduation / Matric equivalent certificate respectively.
What is the procedure to get ESM Identity Card made?
Hon officers are issued with ESM Identity card on retirement at Release Centre. They are required to bring along with them two photographs (without specks) with blue background, as per specification indicated below: -
- One 5cm x 5cm photo in civil dress with tie, Rank, Name and No. to be superimposed digitally in the lower half.
- One 4.7 cm x 3.7 cm in civil dress with tie.
However, sailors below honorary rank are required to contact their respective Zila Sainik Board with following documents:-
- Discharge Book
- Pension Payment Order (PPO)
- Application form duly stamped from Release Centre
- Two passport size photographs
I am DE (DH) sailor and I am due for retirement. What is my leave encashment entitlement?
Accumulation and encashment of leave will be limited to the number of days of annual leave at the credit of Defence Forces personnel on the day of their proceeding on superannuation/ release/ discharged on own request/ invalided out of service/ die while in service, irrespective of the number of years of service rendered, subject to a limit of 300 days and maximum of 30 days to be accumulated in a calendar year. Accumulation and encashment of Annual Leave has been delinked to the number of years of service rendered.
I am retiring on 31 Jan this year, what is my leave entitlement and how many days leave can I accumulate leave?
Post implementation of VI CPC, not more than 30 days can be accumulated in a calendar year. Annual Leave during the year of retirement will be encashed as follows: -
- Those retiring on 31 January - 15 days
- Those retiring in February and thereafter - 30 days
I am due for release from Service on 31 Jan 14 and we are required to report to Release Centre by 06 Jan 14. In the year 2013, I have 30 days BAL of 2013 still to be encashed. Can I encash 30 days BAL of 2013 and at the same time avail advance of Annual Leave of 2014 in the year 2013 itself?
Advance of Annual Leave for the year 2014 can only be availed if the Annual Leave for the year 2013 has already been availed completely and there is no leave pending for the year 2013 still to be availed. There are cases wherein on one hand 30 days BAL of the current year is encashed and at the same time sailors have been granted Advance of Annual Leave of the next year during the current year itself, which is not in order.
I was discharged from service and awarded punishment for which my pension was reduced by the competent authority. What is my leave encashment entitlement?
Sailors who are compulsorily retired/ discharged from service on disciplinary grounds where the disciplinary authority has imposed any reduction in the amount of pension (including gratuity), such sailors are not entitled for encashment of leave.
How can my payment dues be settled?
Commanding Officers of Ships/Establishments are requested to ensure that all payment /dues such as MLR, CILQ, and CEA are made to the sailors being released before they are transferred to Release Centre. No payment is made at Release Centre. Sailors whilst at Release Centre are entitled for MLR, CILQ, RTF & CEA allowances as applicable. These dues will be settled by Naval Pay Office, Mumbai.
What all documents are required for release formalities?
Following documents carrying the seal of the issuing unit / Headquarters are to be brought by the sailors to the Release Centre:-
- Manuscript record sheet in triplicate duly audited by NLAOs containing information/entries made after dispatch of Service Documents including “Assessment of Character and Efficiency” on the day of transfer.
- Original Matriculation Certificate / ET-1 Certificate (if not forwarded earlier).
- Latest passport size coloured photographs (in plain clothes with sky blue background) as follows:-
- Self - five copies
- Self & Wife - four copies
- Self, wife & Children - two copies
- Updated Pay Book
- De-kitting and tool kit surrender certificates
- Permanent Identity Card Surrender Certificate
- Four ink signed copies of transfer Genform
- Vigilance Certificate
- Provost Warrant surrender certificate.(applicable for provost sailors).
- Ink signed copy of authorization to make private arrangements where applicable. Transfer Genform in such case should bear notation “continue to draw CILQ at old duty station”.
- Copy of Final closing of AFPP Fund already forwarded to NPO.
- Copy of No Demand Certificate from COs / MES, Outgoing routine
- Copy of latest Kindered Roll with DOB as per pension forms/SDs.
- Leave encashment Genforms for previous and current year.
- Copy of time bar sanction and Genform for leave encashment (If any).
- Leave sheet (for sea service extract), Details of award of GCB, Medal and Annual Assessment & units served (for concerned correction in documents, if any)-2 sets
- Ex Servicemen application form, duly filled in black ink and photo attested, for issue of Canteen Smart Card. Old Smart Card / Surrender Certificate to be carried.
- Photo copy of PAN card for opening bank account.
- Original certificate of PRC undergone.
- To whom so ever it may concern certificate with details of Pmt address – two copies
- Copy of Aadhaar card.
What action is required to be taken in case of Local Discharge?
In case of local discharge, all actions by various agencies remain unchanged except that the sailors are not required to report to Release Centre. Commanding Officers are to ensure that all documents / certificates are obtained and dispatched to concerned authorities in time. The Commanding Officers are to ensure following actions before discharge of sailors locally:-
- Complete de-kitting.
- Recover identity card and pay book.
- Conduct of Release Medical Board(RMB).
- Forward following documents:-
- Casualty Genform by FAM/Fax to CABS / Admin section for issue of Bureau Order Discharge (BOD).
- Audited SDs and Leave sheet to NAVPEN/ Verification section.
- Latest address, mobile / landline number and e-mail ID of sailor to NAVPEN/ Pension Section and Release Centre.
- Vigilance certificate to CABS / NAVPEN.
- If eligible, completed pension and ECHS forms to CABS / NAVPEN.
- RMB to CABS / Pension Section.
- Updated pay book to NPO.
- Pre-receipted AFPPF voucher in triplicate to NPO.
- No Demand Certificates from CO and MES to NPO.
- Annual Assessment as on date of discharge to CABS.
I am due to retire on 31 May 15 and I will be reporting to Release Centre for release formalities on PM 15 May 15. My unit has paid me up to 14 May 15. Who will pay my dues such as MLR, CEA & CILQ etc. for the period of stay in Release Centre.
Genform will be issued for the payment dues such as MLR & CILQ etc for the period of stay at Release Centre will be forwarded to NPO for issue of payment authority. However in case of CEA, sailors are required to forward the claim to the last unit for countersignature and subsequently to Release Centre for onward despatch to NPO for issue of payment authority.
I have dispatched Original Service Documents duly audited along with Pension Forms to CABS. Should I also get my Manuscript Record Sheet/ Xerox Service Documents audited from NLAO Prior Reporting to Release Centre?
The Manuscript Record Sheet/ Xerox SDs which is maintained by units for making entries on causalities occurring after despatch of original service documents to CABS is also required to be audited by the respective NLAOs prior reporting to Release Centre. The audited Manuscript Record Sheet/ Xerox SDs are to be carried in person by retiring sailors on reporting to Release Centre, which is required for processing leave encashment claims.
What is the time limit for submission of retirement TA/DA claim? How can I prefer the claim after completion of 02 years?
The prescribed time limit for submission of retirement TA/DA claim is two years from the date of retirement. However if not submitted within the prescribed time limit, statement of case for late submission is to be forwarded along with the original claim documents for obtaining the time bar sanction from competent authority.
Is change of address certificate required to be enclosed with the Retirement TA/DA claim in addition to the documents listed out in the contingent bill?
Change of address certificate is required for the sailors who have been locally transferred within the same station/city/district when the change of residence occurred in the same station or specifically sought by PCDA (N).
What is the exact time limit for transportation of personal effects (Baggage & conveyance) and Journey of Self & family to Selected Place of Residence after the retirement?
One Year from the date of retirement.
Sir, I have been locally discharged from my last unit? To whom shall I send my final claim?
Personnel discharged locally are to submit their final permanent duty claim to their last unit for further processing.
I am due for retirement and warrant for family was issued by last unit and when I reported to Release Centre, warrant for self was issued to me. Can I and my family perform journey on different dates?
Yes, you and your family can perform journey on different dates however, original journey tickets are to be enclosed with the claim.
Sir, I had lost my train tickets after completion of my journey. How can I prefer my claim without the same?
For this, you need to file an FIR for lost tickets at the nearest police station and the copy of the same is to be attached with the claim.
What is the Certificate in accordance with NO - 32/06?
It is a certificate which is issued by Accommodation Office at the last unit and the same is to be issued to the sailor prior proceeding to Release Centre for release formalities.
Sir, due to non availability of reservation I had booked ticket at my own expenditure for the journey of my family from last duty station to home station. Who will issue Cash TA sanction for the same?
Cash TA Sanction for the journey of family from last duty station to home station will be issued by last unit.
Which address is to be given in the address column in 2nd page of contingent bill?
SPR/Permanent Home Address is to be given in the address column of the contingent bill and the same is to be reflected in the copy of discharge book which is enclosed as proof of address.
I am discharged from service on SNLR will I get Sea Service Extract?
Sea Service Extract certificate will not be issued to sailors discharged on following grounds: -
- Invalided physically unfit for Naval Service.
- SNLR for reasons other than surplus to complement.
- Fraudulent Entry.
- Dismissed from service.
What are the documents required for updation of discharge book?
- Manuscript Record Sheet
- Latest Kindered Roll
- Page No. 09 & 10 of Service Document (Annual Assessment as on date of transfer)
- Page No. 02 of Service Document
- PRC Certificate (PRC courses which are nominated by CABS)
What is the procedure for updation of educational qualification in discharge book?
Discharge book consists of two columns pertaining to educational qualification i.e.
- Education qualification at the time of joining service is updated by CABS/ Admin Section based on education qualification declared by the individual at the time of joining service.
- Education qualification acquired by sailors whilst in service is also updated by CABS/ Admin Section provided the necessary permission to pursue higher education has been obtained prior attaining qualification and subsequently BOAQ is issued by CABS post completion.
Sir my family particulars hosted in Bureau Website are incorrect, I am about to report to Release Centre. How can I correct it?
It is of utmost importance to ensure that family particulars are updated well in time by forwarding supporting documents from the last unit. Discharge book consists of details of family members viz. spouse, children, father & mother who are dependent on the sailor. All sailors reporting to Release Centre are required to carry in person latest kindered roll issued by last unit for updation of family particulars. In case, if there is a requirement to carry out change of name of any dependant the individual should make an affidavit and bring a copy of same while reporting to Release Centre. It is clarified that married children, dependant sister/brother will not be included in family member details.
What is PRDIES? Is it compulsory?
'PRDIES' is post retirement insurance provided to ‘Pensioners’ only. This scheme is valid for 30 years from the date of retirement or up to the age of 75 yrs whichever is earlier. One time premium is deducted from 'Survival benefits' paid at the time of retirement. The premium deducted is non-refundable; the scheme provides death insurance cover up to the validity period only. The insured amount is payable only in case of death of the individual within validity period. Nomination for nucleus family is mandatory for 67% and remaining 33% can be nominated to father/mother or any other relatives. Bachelors can nominate 100% to their father/mother or any other relatives. It is compulsory of all pensioners and non-pensioners are not eligible.
After completion of validity period will I get insured amount of PRDIES?
No, the post retirement death insurance extension scheme is a non-refundable scheme.
I am due for discharge from service; can I take Leave Pending Retirement (LPR)?
The provision of LPR to sailors has been cancelled and the relevant extract of NOC for civil employment is being suitably amended.
What facilities are available from NGIF and INBA to the retired Naval Personnel?
The following facilities are available from NGIF and INBA to the retired naval personnel: -
||Amount (Rs. )
||Post Retirement Death Insurance Extension Scheme (PRDIES)
||5 Lakh upto 30 Years after Retirement or 75 Yrs whichever is earlier.
||Daughters Marriage of widows (for First two daughters)
||Re-imbursement of Tuition Fee for Special/ Handicapped Children (From 3 to 25 Yrs of Age)
||2,000/- per month
||Merit Scholarship post 10+2 for Graduation & Post Graduation
10,000/- Day Scholar
||Vocational Courses – Widows
||Re-imbursement of Coaching Fee to retired naval personnel (Pensioners) and widows introduced w.e.f Academic Year 2013-14
||33% of Coaching Fee whose wards secure admission for Graduation courses in IITs or for MBBS courses.
What is the reporting date to Release Centre for release formalities?
Sailors are required to be present at the Release Centre by 15th of the month of Release.
What is the eligibility of Discharge Book and Discharge Certificate?
Sailor who has served less than 05 years is issued with Discharge Certificate rest all are issued with discharge book.
What is the eligibility to issue Discharge Book to NOK of sailors dying in harness?
NOK Discharge Book is issued to sailors dying in harness w.e.f 01 Jan 2013.
Who all are ex-serviceman?
As per amplification of existing guidelines the definition of ex-servicemen is as follows:-
- An ESM means a person who has earned his pension/disability pension.
- A person who has been released, otherwise than on his own request, from such service as result of reduction in establishment.
- A person who has been released after completing the specific period of engagement and earned gratuity.
- Included pensioner/ disability pensioners/gallantry award winners from TA.
What is the procedure for claiming CEA payment for the remaining part of academic year after release?
CEA payment vouchers for the remaining part of academic year after release are to be forwarded to NAVPEN/Release Centre duly certified and countersigned by the last unit. The same will be scrutinized at Release Centre and forwarded to NAVPAY, Mumbai for crediting into the IPA.
What is the procedure to make ESM Identity Card?
All sailors including Hon. Officers are required to contact their respective Zila Sainik board within 90 days from the date of retirement with following documents:-
- Discharge Book.
- Pension Payment Order (PPO).
- Application form duly stamped from Release Centre.
- Two passport size photographs.
How can my payment dues be settled?
Commanding Officers of Ships/Establishments are to ensure that all payment /dues such as MLR, CILQ, and CEA and processed for the sailors being released before their transfer to Release Centre. No payment is made at Release Centre. Sailors whilst at Release Centre are entitled for MLR, CILQ, CEA allowances as applicable. These dues will be settled by Naval Pay Office, Mumbai.