The Indian Navy established the Indian Naval Placement Agency (INPA) on 18 Feb 2006 under the aegis of Directorate of Ex-Servicemen Affairs at Naval Headquarters. Subsequently, Command Placement Cells were established at Mumbai, Kochi, and Vishakhapatnam under the respective Command Headquarters.
The primary aim of INPA is to enhance second career opportunities for retiring / retired naval personnel in the corporate / private sector. While retiring/ retired personnel are required to pay a nominal fee for registration, the INPA and Placement Cells render free services to the veer naris (i.e., widows of naval personnel). In pursuit of this aim, INPA and the Placement Cells undertaken the following activities:-
- Facilitate recruitment of retired / retiring naval personnel through operation of the placement portal at https://indiannavy.nic.in/inpa/
- Conduct of Job Fairs in collaboration with Directorate General Resettlement (DGR) and other Services
- Enhance placement of retiring / retired naval personnel through engagement with professional HR agencies, corporate houses, and business forums
- Facilitate awareness among the retired / retiring naval personnel of the skill requirements of the industry and guidance on preparation for re-employment in corporate / private sector
- Facilitate recruitment of retired / retiring naval personnel in govt / semi government organisations
- Progress initiatives to upgrade / certify skill sets of retired / retiring naval personnel
Executive SearchAre you a recruiter looking for the ideal candidate? Search our database of nearly 40,000 naval personnel by skillset and location.
Career AdvisoryJob seekers, transitioning from the Navy to the private sector is now easier than ever. Learn best practices for applications, how to spruce up your CV and how your skill set maps to those in industry. Watch our tutorial videos at your own pace.
Interview PreparationDo remember to carefully go through the company profile and job listing before the interview, and take a few minutes to watch some of our specially curated video tutorials. Don’t worry, you’ve got this! Join a proud batch of thousands of ex-Navy personnel on the INPA community as you put your best foot forward.