With a view to espouse the cause of retired sailors, widows & NOKs and also to promote awareness about Indian Navy in the country, a Veteran Sailors' Forum (VSF) has been set up on 10 Apr 08 at Delhi. The same has been Registered under Societies Registration Act XXI 1860 vide Registration No. S/62103/2008 on 05 May 08. VSF is secular & non political. The cardinal objectives are as follows:-
- To provide focused attention to ex-sailors/widows/dependents of ex-sailors on welfare related issues, namely, children's education, post retirement benefit, rehabilitation, vocational training/courses, entitlements from Central and State Govt etc.
- To assist in resettlement and provide assistance to the needy and help them in their ventures for charitable, social and philanthropic causes.
- To provide an interface with IHQ/MOD(N), viz, DESA, INBA, NWWA, DGR, CABS, NPO etc towards availing various benefits earmarked for ex-servicemen under various schemes promulgated from time to time.
- To provide a platform for sharing/dissemination of information related to opportunities/difficulties faced by the ex-sailors and widows/NOKs.
- Furtherance of Naval image in the civil world through measures such as highlighting values of honesty & integrity to the nation, projecting achievements of the naval community to the society etc.
All ex-sailors can become lifetime members of VSF by filling up membership form and paying one time subscription as follows: -
- Hon LTs/Hon SLTs/MCPOs/CPOs - Rs 300/-
- Petty Officers & below - Rs 200/-
- Widows are offered honorary membership free of cost. They will, however, have to fill up the VSF membership form.
The subscription can be forwarded in cash/ bank draft/local Cheque in favour of ''VSF Fund.. payable at respective city(eg Delhi, Mumbai, Vizag etc).
The Forum Office at New Delhi will have a Governing Council (GC) and an Executive Council (EC).Its duties and functions are given in approved Rules & Regulations of the VSF.
Joint Director (VSF)
Directorate of Ex - Servicemen's Affairs
Room No. 401, Fourth Floor Chanakya Bhawan,
Chanakya Puri New Delhi - 110021
Phone - 011- 2410 2305
Fax- 011- 26880943
The membership forms for VSF can be collected from VSF office. A copy of membership form is also enclosed. The detail information and Membership Form can also be downloaded from Website www.irfc-nausena.nic.in (VSF page).
Members (Ex.-Sailors) desirous of taking on responsibilities in VSF on honorary basis are to contact JD (VSF).