Brief on Navy Foundation
Prior to the constitution of Navy Foundation, the following major Retired Naval Officers Bodies were functioning in India :-
- The Navy League at Delhi and Kolkata.
- The Anchor Hold at Mumbai.
- Association of Retired Naval Officers at Kochi.
- Retired Naval Officers Association at Pune.
With the aim to serve the Naval Retired Officers better umbrella organization of Navy Foundation was formed on 27 Dec 1988. Few of the Retired Naval Officers Bodies passed resolutions and incorporated themselves as part and parcel of the Navy Foundation.
The Navy Foundation had six charters during inception. Today it has 15 charters viz. Chandigarh, Delhi, Jaipur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Pune, Goa, Kolkata, Odisha (Bhubaneswar), Vizag, Hyderabad, Chennai, Coimbatore, Kerala (Kochi) and Bangalore.
The NF office bearers are as follows:-
- President - CNS
- Secretary - PDESA
- Treasurer - PDNPF
- Legal Advisor - JAG (Navy)
The charter of Navy Foundation lays down the following Guiding Principal:-
- It will be an apolitical & secular organization.
- Will maintain contact & fraternal relationship between naval veterans.
- In event of wars, calamities will place veterans at the disposal of government.
- Carry out charitable, social, philanthropic, cultural, educational & other activities for benefit, & to look after interests to the retired fraternity.