Blood donation camp organised by INS Circars
INS Circars has organized a Blood Donation camp on 21 Dec 15 to mark its 76th anniversary. A total of 51 personnel participants donated blood which was conducted in association with AS Raja Blood Bank. As part of the anniversary celebrations, the officers and sailors got together for a Cake Cutting Ceremony followed by Bara Khana – a traditional lunch with all personnel of the unit. A Hindi magazine titled ‘Circars Vaani’ was also released by the Commanding Officer on this occasion.
Established as a small base on 12 December 1939 by the Royal Indian Navy during the initial phase of Second World War, INS Circars, is the oldest establishment on the Eastern seaboard. The role of Circars has changed over the years from coordinating naval operations, functioning as a repair organisation and being an establishment for Boys training, to its present status of being the premier Depot Ship of the Eastern Naval Command. The establishment currently provides administrative and logistics support to as many as 48 naval units in and around Visakhapatnam, catering to an approximate strength of over 5800 personnel.
INS Circars was awarded the prestigious ‘ Unit Citation’ by the Chief of Naval Staff on occasion of Navy Day on 04 Dec 15. The unit is presently gearing up for the IFR-16 scheduled in Feb 16 at Visakhapatnam.